Welcome to 2017! (A slightly late start.)
This year I will be posting regular, sometimes, longer articles on this Blog. Some of these will be re-posts of earlier articles, but most will be new. Some will eventually, I hope, appear in magazines, journals and books. Many will be translated into Indonesian and published in books in Indonesia.
I will also post links (URLs) to magazine and journal articles, where that is useful.
But for many of these articles, the Blog will be the first place they appear.
You can subscribe to the Blog by clicking on the subscribe button.
Some of the articles to be posted soon, include:
- Why you should read Indonesia’s THIS EARTH OF MANKIND. (Re-post)
- The Indonesian Counter-Revolution and Nation
- On Joesoef Isak (Repost)
- Nations: Experienced – not Imagined Communities (A critique of IMAGINED COMMUNITIES, by B. Anderson.)
- Indonesia and 1965: rehabilitating victims, rehabilitating revolution under a counter-revolutionary state. (Re-post)
- Understanding caste and class in Indonesia through Pramoedya Ananta Toer
- INDONESIA: the urban poor and the proletariat in mobilising politics. (re-post)
- Indonesia is Not Present on This Earth of Mankind
Rendra knew on whose side he stood (re-post)
- Non-Stalinist Marxism in Indonesia before 1965.
Indonesia: trade unions and the regeneration of radical politics (Re-post with update)
I will also be posting excerpts of so far unpublished interviews with Pramoedya Ananta Toer, Joesoef Isak and Hasyim Rachman.
PROJECTS THAT YOU CAN SUPPORT.
If you are interested in supporting writing and writing activism in Indonesia, you may be interested in supporting one or both of these projects:
INDONESIAN COMMUNITY AND ACTIVIST LIBRARY
THE PRAMOEDYA ANANTA TOER AND INDONESIA STORY.